“I’ve learned one thing, and that’s to quit worrying about stupid things. You have four years to be irresponsible here, relax. Work is for people with jobs. You’ll never remember class time, but you’ll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Spend money you don’t have. Drink ’til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does…”
1. Any guy who can only hang out after 1 am is not going to be your husband
2. Don’t succumb to peer pressure and stay true to yourself, if you don’t want to drink, don’t.
3. Keep up with church/ sports/ activities that you did when your where at home, don’t forget where you came from
4. Work out and eat healthy
5. Act like a LADY by keeping you morals and standards high
6. First Dates are different now, mom isn’t around to pry so have fun an enjoy it! but see #1 again.
7. Meet life long friends and remember use your gut instinct about people, not everyone will be your friend and your orientation roommate may not be your maid of honor but she might introduce you to the person who will be
8. Find out who you are- every moment in college will develop the person you will become, remember that whenever you act
9. Really learn from your professors and pick their brains, plus your classes will get better, I promise. You will eventually take fun classes so use this time learn something new, like photography or dance
10. Never, ever, ever make a life decision based on a boy, changing schools because he is…
11. Clean and make a habit of it
12. Study abroad if you have the opportunity to
13. If you play a sport, it will be hard your first year but stick it out. Just because everyone is going out while your going to bed doesn’t make your college experience any different. Being on a team was the best choice I ever made
14. Leaving your old life is hard but it does get easier. Your “old friends” might be there, and they might not that isn’t a bad thing you just grew apart and that is ok
15. Learn to live within your means
The quote above and the 15 facts given don’t really seem to mesh too well but people reading this after college can appreciate how well they really do come together. You want to be able to have all of this fun, live on your own terms and make memories but don’t lose yourself while doing it. College is a time for you to find people who will better you and help you learn and grow. They are the ones who will help you through some pretty shitty times and never bat an eye. College is meant to go out all night long and write your paper on the car ride home from AC! But you should grow from every experience, don’t let it turn you into someone you’re not.
Until next time,