1. The last couple of pages of a book that you’ve invested so much time and emotion in. So much so that you reference the characters often in your real life. You’re like Holden would never do that! Or why can’t he be more like Mr. Darcy! You can feel, you can see, the final pages creeping up and you start to read slower. You start to inhale every single word just so that you can stay put where you are in this story for a little bit longer.
2. A song when you’re driving in your car with your windows down and screaming out the lyrics and still have 3 miles or five minutes left before you reach your destination.
3. Or the opposite – the end of your commute, when your favorite song comes on as you’re pulling into your garage or your parking spot or you’re late for work and the jamming has to end.
4. A milkshake that you definitely didn’t need and seems to be the size of your forearm but yet you gulp it down in what feels like 5 sips. And it was worth every drop!
5. Sundays. Especially the Sundays that involve napping and Netflix.
6. When it’s your birthday and you’re surrounded by a handful of people you adore. The cake comes out and everyone is singing and you are plotting the ultimate wish inside your head before you blow the persistent candles out.
7. Your vacation – especially when that vacation is in the middle of a terrible Pennsylvania winter and you’re on the beach somewhere sipping a Pina Colada and your biggest worry is remembering to reapply sunscreen every 30 minutes.
8. Waiting for something exciting. A trip, holiday, a visitor, a surprise. Those few days beforehand are the best- they allow you to build up and imagine all of the excitement that is to come!
9. Finding out the net season of your favorite show is released!
10. A concert. You pay $60 to go watch it and within what feels like a matter of minutes, the whole thing is over. And you’ve lost your voice and when the guitar player threw his pic at you, you lost a little bit of your mind. And you’re sweaty and they already played their two encore songs and have gotten off stage and the lights are back on the crowd is clearing out. But you stay, anyway. And you hope, with your fingers crossed, that they come out and play one more secret song just for you. For the real fans that’ll still be there for them even when the lights flick on. And when they don’t you play your favorite album on repeat for the next three weeks.
11. A slice of pizza. Because you’ve made a pretty terrible decision to order just one and it’s so insanely good and you’re trying to make it last forever.
12. The period where the colors of fall leaves are at their brightest
13. The hug that you really needed after a long day. Never having to let go- until you are ready to be done.